Description: A montage of my missionary in the Philippines.
Process: I retrieved my pictures from emails that my missionary Cory has sent me. Then started with my background and added each picture individually. For each picture I used a mask so that I could blend them together to form a montage. I used the brush tool with a few different levels of opacity to make the three top images look ghostly. I then added a quote about missionaries. The last thing I did was add a warming filter to the entire montage.
Top 3 Things Learned:
- I learned how to create a mask.
- I learned how to use the brush tool to blend the pictures.
- I learned how to add effects to your text.
Programs/Tools used: Adobe Photoshop
Font #1 Name and Category: Lithos Pro and Decorative
Thumbnails of Images used:
Sources: Cory Clark
Description: Personally took a photograph of my roommate in the gardens on campus that was then edited in Photoshop.
Process: I rented a camera from the library which I used to take a picture of my roommate. Then I took my photo into Photoshop and cropped it into 6 x 6 inch. I added a warming filter (85) to the whole image as well as desaturated the background.
Top 3 things I learned:
- I learned how to use the different settings on a camera.
- I learned how to colorize, saturate, and add a filter to an image in Photoshop.
- I learned how to size an image as well as crop in Photoshop.
- Cannon Point and Shoot Camera
- Adobe Photoshop
6 x 6 cropped/edited image:
Original unedited/uncropped image:
Description: Using Microsoft Word I created a full-bleed color event ad to for the Chamber of Commerce.
Process: I scanned the ice cream image, then using Microsoft Word I created the ad. I chose an image that would grab the audiences attention and used the coloring to create contrast throughout the ad. I used for the title a font that represented ice cream and a body copy font that created additional contrast.
Top 3 things learned:
1) I learned how to properly scan an image to the computer and about pixels.
2) I learned how to edit pictures using Microsoft Word.
3) I learned that there is more to Microsoft Word then just typing an essay.
Program(s) / Tools used: Microsoft Word, Epson Scanner, PDF2JPG.net (PDF converter)
Font #1 Name & Category: Curlz MT- Script
Font #2 Name & Category: Bookman Old Style- Oldstyle
Scanned images used, sources, original sizes: Magazine, 1212 x 1290
Description: Black and white promotional flier for Vouant Communications who is holding a graduate leadership conference.
Process: The first thing I did was create four different sketches for my layout. I then went into Adobe InDesign and combined aspects of all four of my sketches to get the layout that I have used. I used black and grey throughout the paper to create contrast as well as a picture facing inward to create flow. I grouped the text together based off of relationship and used small body copy. The image, logo, and text was provided for this flier.
Top 3 things learned:
1) I learned how to use Adobe InDesign.
2) I learned about proximity, alignment, repetition, contrast and flow (PARC-F).
Program(s) / Tools used: Adobe InDesign
Title Font Name & Category: Apple Chancery – Script
Copy Font Name & Category: Minion Pro – Oldstyle
Links to all images you used in this project: https://byui.brainhoney.com/Frame/Component/CoursePlayer?enrollmentid=15171446